Shopping for rugs can be overwhelming, because there are so many to choose from. The price tags are different, the colors are different, the designs are different – it’s easy to get caught up in the stress of trying to figure out which rug to buy! Here’s how to make sure you don’t make these common mistakes when shopping for rugs that will be perfect in your home. [Read More…]
- Buying rugs that don’t match the size of your space.
- Thinking you need to buy expensive rugs to get quality.
- Avoiding buying wool rugs because they’re too difficult to maintain.
- Not considering the material in addition to size and color when making your decision.
- Buying an area rug without considering how it will look in different seasons or with different furniture arrangements, such as adding a winter rug to your living room set up in anticipation of the holiday season, or choosing an area rug for your bedroom that won’t work well with any bedspread you plan on using throughout the year.
Biggest Mistakes People Make While Choosing Rugs
How To Choose The Right Rug
Rugs make all the difference in your home renovation Dubai. From design to comfort, they can have an impact on everything. But there are so many different types of rugs and so many colors to choose from that it can be difficult to make the right choice. To help you find the perfect rug for your home without making these common mistakes, we’ve put together this step-by-step guide.
1) Consider Where You’ll Be Placing The Rug: Is the rug for your living room or bedroom? If it’s for a bedroom, is it just for underneath your bed or will you also use it as an area rug? Knowing where you’ll place the rug helps narrow down which type of rug is best suited for your space.
2) Think About Your Style: What color schemes do you like? What textures do you like? Are there any patterns that stand out to you more than others? All of these considerations go into what type of rug will look best with the design scheme in mind.
3) Find The Right Size: There are two ways to measure your area before buying a new rug; either measure by square feet or by room size.
Additional Tips to Keep in Mind While Buying Rugs
If you are in the market for a new rug, be sure to take these tips into consideration. First, avoid buying rugs that are too small for your space. A rug should typically be at least 4-6 inches longer than the largest piece of furniture in front of it and about 3 feet wider than the widest piece of furniture in front of it. Second, buy rugs with patterns that match your decorating style.
Things You Should Know Before Buying Rugs Online
Know the size and color you want- The size and color are vital when purchasing rugs for sale online, so be sure to take accurate measurements of your room before getting started. I recommend starting with a rectangular rug first, as it will fill up your space quickly without causing visual problems later on. A good rule of thumb is that if the rug’s corners start touching the furniture, it’s too close to pieces of furniture or something else in the room that shouldn’t be touched by the rug.
Avoid buying off season- Think about when you’ll want to use your new rug for before making a decision about whether or not to buy one online during non-peak times.