The art and science of improving a page’s visibility in search engines like Google are known as search engine optimization (SEO). A website’s traffic may improve as a result of ranking better in search engines because searching is one of the most popular ways for people to find material online.
The results page of Google and other search engines frequently includes paid ads at the top of the page, followed by regular results, or what search marketers refer to as organic search results. A best seo company in Chennai traffic is often referred to as “organic search traffic” to distinguish it from paid search traffic. Pay-per-click (PPC) or search engine marketing (SEM) are other names for paid search (PPC).
The features of SEO
- Since best seo company in Chennai is one of the primary ways that users navigate the web, search engine optimization is an important component of online marketing.
- Search results are presented in an ordered list, and the higher a site ranks on that list, the more traffic it receives. For example, the top result for a typical search query will receive 40-60% of the total traffic for that query.
- The second and third results received significantly less traffic. Only about 2-3% of searchers go past the first page of results.
- As a result, even minor improvements in search engine rankings can result in increased traffic and, potentially, business.
- As a result, many businesses and website owners will attempt to manipulate search results so that their site ranks higher than their competitors on the search results page (SERP).
Explain how SEO works in digital marketing fields
To choose which sites to show for each given query, search engines like Google utilize an algorithm or set of rules. These algorithms have evolved to be extremely complex, taking into account hundreds or even thousands of different ranking factors to determine the rankings of their SERPs. However, there are three key metrics that search engines use to determine the quality of a site and where it should rank.
Links – Links from other websites are important in determining a site’s ranking in Google and other search engines. The reason for this is that a link can be interpreted as a vote of quality from other websites, as website owners are unlikely to link to low-quality sites.
Content – In addition to links, search engines examine the content of a webpage to determine its relevance to any given search query. A large part of SEO is creating content that is tailored to the keywords that users of search engines are looking for.
Page structures – Page structure is the third essential component of best seo company in Chennai. Since HTML is the language used to create web pages, the HTML code’s organization can have an impact on how well a search engine understands a page. Site owners can improve their site’s SEO by including relevant keywords in the title, URL, and page headers, as well as ensuring that the site is crawl able.
The techniques of SEO
Keyword research – Keyword research is frequently the first step in SEO, and it entails looking at what keywords a site already ranks for, what keywords competitors rank for, and what other keywords potential customers are searching for.
Content marketing – Once potential keywords have been identified, content marketing can begin. Both developing new material and modifying already existing content might fall under this category.
Link building – Promoting good content, reaching out to other websites and building relationships with webmasters, submitting websites to relevant web directories, and obtaining press to attract links from other websites are all examples of this.
When done correctly, search engine optimization has the potential to significantly increase the amount of traffic that a website receives, but all of that search traffic won’t help a business grow unless it converts into paying customers.