WiFi mesh extenders are a complete solution to your home network, if you have some areas with no or poor network signal in your home. WiFi mesh extenders work along the existing router network and expand and enhance the existing signal. Having a WiFi mesh extender in your home network is always a reliable source to get speedy and consistent network throughout your home. If you have performed Netgear AC1900 extender setup at your home, then it is always recommended to have its firmware updated to the latest version to make its optimum use.
Netgear keeps releasing new firmware updates on a regular basis. Having your WiFi mesh extender firmware updated will add new features to it. It will also enhance the device performance and make security updates as well. We are going to provide you with all the required information in this article about how you can also update your mesh extender firmware in a simple manner.
How to Update Netgear AC1900 extender Firmware
Let us now move to the process using which you can get your Netgear AC1900 WiFi mesh extender firmware updated. You will need to log in to your mesh extender to get this process done. So, keep your default login credentials handy. If you have any doubt about your default login credentials, then take help of the user manual or guide to get the same. We would like to specify that in case, you are unable to log in to your Netgear mesh extender using the web address mentioned above, you can always choose to log in using the Netgear WiFi mesh extender’s default IP address 192.168.1.250. This is another efficient way to get logged on to your Netgear device.
Steps for Netgear AC1900 extender firmware Update
Here we begin with our firmware updating process. All you are required to do is follow the steps carefully one-by-one to get your Netgear AC1900 mesh extender firmware updated to its latest version.
- Use your laptop or computer to begin the process. Open a web browser on it.
- Now, you should log in to your Netgear extender. To do so, you can enter the official web address in the address bar. The web address is as written here: https://www.mywifiext.net. Hit Enter.
- Here, login using your default login credentials. This will also take you to the Netgear dashboard or the Basic home page. Make sure that you enter correct username as well as password avoiding any typos. Also, check that the Caps Lock is not on while typing in the credentials, as the credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on Menu option on the page that opens up. This will display the extender menu.
- Go to Settings option and select Firmware Update. The firmware Update page will be displayed.
- Click on Check Online option. If you have the latest firmware version available for your mesh extender, then the rest you need to do is follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Your Netgear WiFi mesh extender is updated to the latest firmware version.
This completes your firmware updating process. While performing the update process, make sure that you are accessing Netgear_ext SSID which is the default network name of the Netgear mesh extender.
We conclude our article about Netgear WiFi mesh extender firmware update here. It takes much less time and effort to get the process completed using the above mentioned method. As mentioned earlier, to make the most out of your Netgear internet devices, get them updated regularly. Always keep a check on the new firmware updates that are being rolled out regularly by the company. Though, it is very easy to get the firmware updated, however many users don’t even care about going through this trivial process. Being little careless may leave them vulnerable to security threats as well. So, we advise you to get regular updates done and improve usability and security of your Netgear WiFi mesh extender.
Read more- An Elaborative Guide to Fix Rockspace Extender Login Issues